Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's Getting Steamy...

 So, people I know and interact with on a regular basis (in this other dimension called rural Maine) that have seen some of my jewelry, and have asked me about it usually reply in two ways: "steam-what?" or, alternately, "what-punk?"  It's becoming more mainstream but I suppose it's certainly not "Maine-stream" yet (we are about two to three YEARS behind California in almost all things ie: tech, trends, economy, etc.)

Steampunk has gained so much popularity and respect that the Museum of the History of Science, University of Oxford opened an exhibit exclusively featuring this sub-culture. On the behalf of everyone who has not  experienced the beauty of Steampunk, or for those already embracing the movement, I present the following video, courtesy sajohnston61 on youtube :

No comments:

Post a Comment